- All Profits are used for the ShelterShowcase TNR program -
Montclair, Essex County (N.J.) Pick-Up
Price: $75 each
Dimensions: 24" x 24"
x 18" high
Available in two durable camouflage colors:
Each insulated shelter is made of 2" thick hard
construction foam. Air space is
purposely limited, so
there is less volume to
be heated. Typically, 3
to 4 cats can fit comfortably
is caulked so rain and wind
cannot get through.
The floor is linoleum
tiled for easy cleaning. The shelter is light yet extremely durable. Two straw beddings included.
This design built & used by Shelter Showcase TNR for eight years. Originally designed by NeighborhoodCats.org.
A 'tip' sheet for shelter setup, and ongoing maintenance.
I've properly placed the shelters, but the cats are not using it, even though it is cold out. How can I get the cats to use it?
(1) Is the shelter in a safe secluded area, away from foot traffic? It should be for the cats to consider using it.
(2) Take out half the straw supplied with the shelter. Once the cats begin using the shelter and trample the straw down, add the remaining straw back when they are not in the shelter.
(3) Have a small trail of food that leads up to the entrance of the shelter
(4) Use the supplied catnip, open the packet and sprinkle it in the entrance of the shelter